Reduce or Relieve Your Stress Today!
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
What is Lymphatic drainage massage used to treat?
Lymphatic drainage massage is a form of gentle massage that encourages the movement of lymph fluids around the body. It can decreasse swelling and edema, address the cellular debris of injuries, improve the healing of scars, and can even help with low energy and sluggishness.
The lymphatic system is a critical part of our circulatory system and immune system. It is responsible for eliminating toxins, waste and excess fluid as well as moving white blood cells around the body to fight infection. Unlike the circulatory system where the heart acts as the pump, the lymphatic system only moves one way— upward and away from gravity. As the lymph system is trying to fight gravity, it can become clogged. Too many toxins are a primary factor. Poor diet and overexposure to environmental toxins can overload the lymphatic system. In addition, lack of sleep, dehydration, stress, emotional trauma, infections, and lack of movement can stagnate and sometimes even stop the lymph flow. When the system becomes clogged, swelling (or lymphedema) usually occurs. When toxins can’t be eliminated from the body, cells can’t properly function resulting in dysfunction and disease within the body. When the lymphatic system is compromised, the immune system is compromised. Inflammation can occur and when chronic lymphatic congestion occurs, it can contribute to auto immune conditions.
Here is a list of just a few of the benefits of lymphatic enhancement therapy:
- Reduction/Elimination of the 19 symptoms listed above!
- Decrease in Lymphedema and excess fluid retention
- Accelerates recovery from injury and surgery
- Immediate relief of “heavy legs”
- Decreases athletic recovery time
- Reduction/elimination of cellulite
- Improved shaping of legs, abdomen, buttocks and arms,
- Strengthens loose skin (from pregnancy or obesity)
- Prevention of varicose veins
- Reduction in edema from upper limbs, chest and back after mastectomy
- Improvement in immune system function
- Improved bowel movements
- Calms muscle spasms